Biodiversity Commitment of the Volkswagen Group
The Volkswagen Group recognizes the three goals of the International Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD).
The Volkswagen Group pursues these goals in its economic activities in six fields of action:
- Commitment to the Paris Climate Agreement and thus of becoming balance sheet CO₂-neutral throughout the Group by 2050.
- Assessment of risks and opportunities related to our business activities with impacts on biodiversity and ecosystem services.
- Integration of biodiversity into the environmental compliance management system and thus regular review of the effectiveness of biodiversity measures.
- Implementation of projects for the protection and promotion of biological diversity.
- Increasing biodiversity at the production sites and implementation of a biodiversity indicator,
- Reduction of the use of natural resources along the supply chain in accordance with the "Code of Conduct for Business Partners".
- Biodiversity risks management
- Climate Change mitigation and/or adaptation
- Conservation and/or restoration of land and marine ecosystems
- Development of tools/ metrics/ reporting/ disclosure
- Research and Development
- Sustainable Production and/or consumption
- Value Chains
- Transportation & Mobility